Are armadillos really amazing? The truth comes out.
Well, consider this:
- Can you jump three times your body height, straight up into the air?
- Can you roll into a ball to protect yourself from a mean dog?
- Can you walk under water on the bottom of a stream while holding your breath for ten minutes?
- Can you dig a hole in the ground fast enough to escape from a wild cat?
- Can you eat fire ants with your tongue?
- Can you smell worms under the ground, find them, and would you eat them?
If you could do these things, you would be amazing too, just like an armadillo. If you want to know more, especially if you are just learning how to read, Amazing Armadillos by Jennifer Mckerly and illustrated by Paul Mirocha, from Random House, is a book for you.